Any member that signs up for our Corporate Group or Business Group account memberships will become a parent member for that membership. After you sign-up, you can manage other members from your Account
dashboard under the “Subscriptions” section.
Managing Sub-accounts as the Corporate Member
After you subscribe for your corporate account membership, you will be able to see a new link option on your Account page > Subscriptions tab. This link option is called “Sub Accounts” and will look like this:
Clicking on that link will reveal the corporate account information for your subscription like the image below:
X of X Sub Accounts Used
– Here, you will see how many of your allocated sub-accounts have been used. An example may be: 1 of 3 Sub Accounts Used.
Add Sub Account (button)
– Clicking this button will reveal a form with the following details:
- Existing Username: As the corporate user, you can use this entry form to put the username of an existing user on the site to add that user under your corporate membership. The field does not support entry of the user’s email or move an existing user if you are currently associated with another corporate account.
– OR – (under this header, you can use the entries to create a new user to be added under your account)
Sub Accounts table
- Username: (Required) Used to enter the username that will be associated with the sub-account. Please note that usernames cannot be changed once submitted, so it’s important that this is entered correctly.
- Email: (Required) Enter the email to be associated with the sub-account. The new members welcome email will be sent to this email if that option is enabled below.
- First Name: (Optional) Used to enter the first name of the user as needed.
- Last Name: (Optional) Used to enter the last name of the user as needed.
– Here, you will be able to see all sub-accounts associated with your Corporate Account. The table will show the sub-account’s username, email, first name, last name, and also give the option to manually remove any sub-accounts with the “Remove” link next to each entry.
Export Sub Accounts:
Clicking on this option just below the sub-accounts table will export all sub-accounts associated with your Corporate Account.
– This is a simple URL that you can copy and send to anyone you would like to subscribe under your membership. Use the clipboard icon to easily copy it.
Additionally, you can enable or disable the following emails:
- Send NEW members a password reset link (does not email existing members): Sends you a simple password reset link. You should use this option if you don’t already know the sub-accounts passwords. This is because the welcome email cannot include any password information.
- Send NEW members the welcome email if you haven’t received it already for the membership: This is the same welcome email mentioned above in the “Add Sub Account (button)” section.